Apply for the International Scholarships at Mississippi University for Women for the academic year 2022-2023 and don’t miss out on this chance to get an award-winning education and develop professional skills.
This stipend is for undergraduate students coming to Mississippi University for Women from other countries to pursue their studies. The selected candidates are entitled to a refund of the tuition price for the applied programme. The GPA and ACT/SAT scores will be used to make the decision.
Mississippi University for Women, formerly known as the Industrial Institute and College for the Education of White Girls and then Mississippi State College for Women, is a coeducational public university located in Columbus, Mississippi. In the Regional Universities South category, it is ranked 44th.
Why should you choose Mississippi University for Women as your place of study?
Mississippi University for Women offers high-quality undergraduate and graduate education in a variety of liberal arts and professional programmes to both men and women, while retaining its long-standing commitment to academic and leadership development for women.
✅ Interesting Facts About The University of Mississippi
The University of Mississippi, also known as Ole Miss, is a public research university with a medical centre in Jackson, Mississippi. The University of Mississippi is Mississippi’s oldest public university and the state’s second-largest university in terms of enrollment.
The Mississippi Legislature established the university on February 24, 1844, and it welcomed its first 80 students four years later. During the Civil War, it served as a Confederate hospital and narrowly escaped being destroyed by Ulysses S. Grant’s men. During the civil rights movement in 1962, a racial riot erupted on campus as segregationists attempted to prevent African American James Meredith from enrolling. Since then, the university has taken steps to enhance its image. Ole Miss is strongly identified with author William Faulkner, and it owns and operates Rowan Oak, his old home. In addition to Faulkner’s house, the National Register of Historic Places lists two more buildings on campus: Barnard Observatory and the Lyceum–The Circle Historic District.
“R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity” is how Ole Miss is categorised. The university is a member of the National Sea Grant Program and the National Space Grant College and Fellowship Program, and is one of 33 colleges and universities participating in the programme. The National Center for Physics Acoustics, the National Center for Natural Products Research, and the Mississippi Center for Supercomputing Research are among its research initiatives. Its federally contracted marijuana facility is the sole source of cannabis research approved by the Food and Drug Administration. Interdisciplinary institutes, such as the Center for the Study of Southern Culture, are also run by the university. Its sporting teams participate in the National Collegiate Athletic Association’s Southeastern Conference Division I as the Ole Miss Rebels.
27 Rhodes Scholars, 10 governors, 5 US senators, 1 head of state, and a Nobel Laureate are among the university’s graduates. Emmy Awards, Grammy Awards, and Pulitzer Prizes have been given to other alumni. The first human lung transplant and animal-to-human heart transplant were done at its medical centre.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for the fall semester at Mississippi University for Women is 1st May 2022. However, the priority deadline to apply for the scholarship is 1st March 2022 and the final deadline to apply is 1st April 2022.
✅ Brief Description
- University or Organization: Mississippi University for Women
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate programmes taught at the W can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be interested in entering The W in the fall semester.
- The applicants must pr0vided ACT/SAT scores.
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply at the Mississippi University for Women via its own application portal. Students will be notified about the award application process by email at the point of admission.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to submit all high school transcripts, secondary institution transcripts, and leaving certificates.
- Admission Requirements: Students must provide all necessary documentation at the time of application.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL PBT – 525
- TOEFL CBT – 197
- TOEFL IBT – 71
- IELTS – 5.5
- PTE – 48
The students selected by the Mississippi University for Women will be provided merit awards towards the cost of their undergraduate studies.
✅ Get help for this scholarship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.