The United Kingdom is one of the most well-known study-abroad destinations in the world, attracting millions of international students from over 86 countries.
After China, India was the second-largest contributor to the student body in the United Kingdom in 2019. (23.2 percent ).
With roughly 28 percent of the overall votes, the country has managed to pique the interest of international candidates, beating both Canada and the United States to take the top spot.
See also: Earn Money While Studying Abroad: Easy and Safe Way
The UK is frequently included among the top three most sought nations for international applicants, with Canada and the United States, for its unquestionable reputation in the field of education, with over 150 leading universities ranking internationally for their curriculum and research techniques.
According to India Today 2020’s poll results, the United Kingdom is one of the most popular international destinations for Indian students.
While the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has wreaked havoc on the planet in nearly every way, research released by Vigo Stacey in June 2020 shows that over 90% of South Asians still want to study abroad, with half preferring to study in the United Kingdom, followed by Canada.
Latest Scholarships in the UK
We regularly update our blog to include UK Scholarships, Grants, and Fellowships for International Students. Check out our exclusive lists for scholarships in the United Kingdom.
UK Universities Ranking 2021
|University||THE 2021||QS 2021||US WORLD 2021|
|University of Cambridge||6||7||9|
|University of Oxford||1||5||5|
|Imperial College London||11||8||20|
|University of Edinburgh – ED||30||20||30|
|King’s College London – KCL||35||31||34|
|University of Manchester||51||27||64|
|London School of Economics and Political Science – LSE||27||49||244|
|University of Glasgow – GLA||93||69||95|
|University of Bristol||91||58||86|
|University of Southampton||127||90||97|
|University of Warwick||77||62||135|
|University of Birmingham||107||87||92|
|University of Nottingham||158||99||142|
|University of Sheffield||121||93||133|
|Durham University – DUR||149||86||238|
|University of Leeds||160||91||152|
|University of St Andrews||201-250||96||292|
|Queen Mary, University of London – QMUL||110||114||114|
|Queen’s University Belfast – QUB||200||209||306|
Why should you study in the United Kingdom?
The United Kingdom as a country never fails to wow its seekers, from globally renowned institutes to outstanding research opportunities, a varied populace, and exciting work opportunities. There are many additional variables that influence students’ decision to study in the United Kingdom, such as:
- Universities with an Outstanding International Reputation: Universities in the United Kingdom have an outstanding international reputation. According to the QS World University Rankings, the UK has four of the top six institutions in the world.
- Two-year Stay Back: Since the UK Government has given international students a standard stay-back period of two years in the UK, which provides them adequate time to explore a variety of possibilities and apply for employment after completing their degrees, studying in the UK has gained credit.
- Shorter Course Duration: With over 60,000 programmes to select from, some of the best institutions in the UK have something to suit everyone’s interests. Short-term courses in the UK, which can be finished in 6 to 11 months, will assist to decrease not only the tuition charge but also the cost of living.
- Cheaper Tuition Price: The average fee for a master’s programme in the nation is lower than that of its rivals, such as the United States, which charges 17,392 and 38,380 GBP, respectively, for most graduate courses.
- Strong Research Infrastructure: According to the current Research Excellence Framework (REF), 30% of UK university research is classified as “world-leading.” Approximately 46% is deemed ‘internationally good.’
- Scholarships & Financial Aid: The United Kingdom gives up to a 100% scholarship on tuition fees at some of the world’s most prestigious institutions, ensuring that everyone has a fair chance to participate in the UK educational system.
- Candidates who studied in the United Kingdom have a high employment rate of over 90% for most of its universities, thanks to an internationally known curriculum and research-oriented capabilities.
Popular Courses in the United Kingdom
The country provides a wide range of study abroad programmes in the UK, ranging from STEM studies to Humanities and a wide range of non-traditional courses, for all potential applicants.
The most intriguing aspect of these thousands of courses is that they range in length from 6 months to 5 or 6 years and meet the requirements for the finest courses to study for employment in the UK.
Business and Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Medicine, Law, Social Sciences, Media and Communication, Arts, Hospitality and Tourism, and others are among the most popular masters(MS) programmes in the United Kingdom.
How to Study in the United Kingdom: The Application Process
You’ve arrived at this portion of the article because you’ve decided to apply to a university in the United Kingdom. Let’s start with a few basic steps to assist you in the application process:
Examine your choices: Choose from over 60,000 courses offered by internationally recognised universities in the UK and verify eligibility requirements
Financial Planning: To be able to study in the United Kingdom anyplace outside London, an international candidate must have a minimum of 12,180 GBP in his or her account as proof of money and financial stability. The cost of living in London climbs to 15,180 GBP per year.
Prepare your application ahead of time: Gather all pertinent papers and maintain track of all deadlines. To provide enough time and avoid last-minute problems, plan your application at least two months ahead of time.
Submit an application and wait for a letter of acceptance: Students must apply to all institutions in the United Kingdom using the UCAS system.
To apply for a study visa in the United Kingdom, follow these steps: Once you’ve got your offer letter, don’t waste any time in getting to your nearest British embassy with the necessary papers and an acceptance letter to apply for a Tier 4 General Student Visa to study in the United Kingdom.
I find it difficult to where I’m studying right now, so I tried to apply for this as a student. I want my future to be good and not ruined. I’m glad I take this opportunity to do my studies again in UK. I hope you’ll accept this sincere letter.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes (1) No