Copty Scholarships are being offered by Queens University Belfast for high-potential students who desire to study in the UK.
The scholarship is open to new international students who wish to begin a postgraduate study at Queen’s University Belfast in the academic year 2022-2023.
The Queen’s University of Belfast is a public research university in Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom, that was founded in 1845. It offers world-class education and trains students for leadership and citizenship in a global community, as well as combining classic library elements with cutting-edge technology. In the UK’s Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2021, it was ranked 43rd in the world.
Why should you study Queen’s University Belfast as a place to further your education?
The University offers a wonderful opportunity to learn about diverse cultures in a new environment. Students work part-time in this setting in order to supplement their income. They are the UK’s ninth-oldest university. They have invested £350 million in award-winning facilities such as the McClay Library, Graduate School, Law School, and Computer Science building in the previous ten years.
✅ Interesting Facts About University of Queen’s Belfast
The University of Queen’s Belfast is a public research university in Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom. Its official name is The Queen’s University of Belfast. The university was founded in 1845 as “Queen’s College, Belfast,” and it opened four years later.
Queen’s University offers academic degrees at various levels, with over 300 degree programmes available. Ian Greer is the current president and vice-chancellor. The institution’s annual income for 2020–21 was £395.8 million, with £88.6 million coming from research grants and contracts, and an expenditure of £373.5 million.
Queen’s is a member of the Russell Group, the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the European University Association, Universities UK, and Universities Ireland, as well as the Association of Commonwealth Universities. Two Nobel laureates and one Turing Award laureate are associated with the university.
In addition to the main campus on the southern outskirts of Belfast city centre, the university has two affiliated university colleges, St Mary’s and Stranmillis, in the city’s west and south-west, respectively. These colleges provide teacher training as well as a variety of degree programmes centred on a liberal arts core for those interested in teaching careers.
While the university refers to its main site as a campus, its buildings are actually spread across a number of public streets in South Belfast, primarily University Road, University Square, University Street, Malone Road, and Stranmillis Road, with other departments located further afield, such as in Titanic Quarter and Portaferry.
Copty Scholarship Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 14 April 2022.
✅ Copty Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Queen’s University Belfast
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Tuition fees
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
✅ Copty Scholarship Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Palestine
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postgraduate degree in any subject offered by the University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Eligible students should hold Palestinian nationality and live in Gaza or the West Bank, excluding East Jerusalem, and usually belong to a family.
- Eligible students must be unable to study abroad through the finances of their immediate families.
- This program should be a one-year course within The Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Sciences, Engineering and Physical Sciences, or The School of Law.
✅ How to Apply Copty Scholarship
- How to Apply: Applicants must enroll in the postgraduate program at the University via online application. After that, you have to complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Copies of your official Degree/Diploma Certificates for the qualification.
- Degree transcripts for all completed study periods (undergraduate level and above).
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education applicants must upload copies of their GCSE and A-level.
- Reference letters
- Admission Requirements: Students should hold an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK 2.1 Degree or higher from a university in the West Bank or Gaza.
- Language Requirement: Queen’s University will accept the IELTS Academic (SELT and non-SELT) and TOEFL internet-based tests for direct admission.
✅ Copty Scholarship Benefits
Each successful scholar will receive the tuition fees to cover their study expenses in the UK.
✅ Get help for this scholarship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.