Awards assist students in lowering their educational costs. As a result, for the academic year 2022-2023, St. Lawrence College is offering Canadian Experience Scholarships to assist students.
Outstanding international students who aspire to study in Canada are eligible for this educational grant. The scholars will receive a study of up to $2,000, which will be deposited to their student account and applied to their tuition expenses for the second semester of their studies.
St. Lawrence College is a College of Applied Arts and Technology with three campuses in Eastern Ontario: Brockville, Cornwall, and Kingston. It was founded in 1967. The college has 6,700 full-time students and 20,000 part-time registrants in 89 academic programmes, with 829 full-time and part-time employees, including 414 faculty.
St. Lawrence College is one of Canada’s most prestigious institutions. SLC provides more than 100 full-time programmes in fields such as autism and behavioural science, mental health, and addictions, including certificates, diplomas, apprenticeships, graduate certifications, and programmes. It gives you with a supportive environment, as well as a team of people that are committed to seeing you flourish. The College’s vision is to provide a learning-centered atmosphere that values quality and excellence in order to develop a love for lifelong learning.
✅ More About St. Lawrence University
St. Lawrence University is a private liberal arts college located in Canton, New York, in St. Lawrence County. There are approximately 2,400 undergraduate students and 100 graduate students enrolled.
Though it is now non-denominational, St. Lawrence was founded in 1856 by Universalist Church leaders who were looking to construct a seminary west of New England and were courted warmly by the inhabitants of Canton. However, the church almost didn’t build the school in Canton because they were concerned that pupils would be exposed to too much “excitement” within the village borders in 1856.
The denomination, which has since merged with the Unitarian faith, was part of the liberal wing of Protestantism, championing ideas like critical thinking and sex equality—attributes that were evident in the new St. Lawrence University Theological School, which was progressive in its teaching philosophy and coeducational from the start.
The university as we know it today began as a “Preparatory Department” to lay the groundwork for theological study. The seminary dissolved in 1965 with the Unitarian/Universalist merger, and that department became today’s liberal arts institution.
The university’s graduate programme in education was established in the early twentieth century, and it has since served hundreds of North Country teachers and administrators.
After a terrible period during the Great Depression and World War II, which included the decision to close the Brooklyn Law School, the student population and physical plant grew quickly. In the early 1940s, a four-building campus with roughly 300 students grew to a 30-building complex with 2000 students in less than 25 years, thanks in part to the acquisition of the adjacent state school of agriculture property when that facility relocated across town.
In the mid-1960s, one of St. Lawrence’s most well-known programmes, foreign programmes, was born. Richardson Hall (1855–56) and Herring-Cole Hall (1869–1902), two early campus structures, were added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. The St. Lawrence University-Old Campus Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984, and includes structures built before 1930.
Application Deadline: The deadline for application form submission is May 15, 2022
✅ Brief Description
- University or Organization: St. Lawrence College
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Graduate
- Award: $2,000 CAD
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Graduate program in any field offered by the University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Must be an International student
- A graduate of Canadian High School, College, or University other than St. Lawrence College. St. Lawrence College graduates.
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be enlisted in this award program, aspirants must take admission to the graduate coursework at the university. After that, complete the Scholarship application form
- Supporting Documents: You will need the following documents:
- Original/certified as well as translated copies of your completed Secondary/Post-Secondary transcripts or equivalent.
- Original/certified Secondary/Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree.
- Admission Requirements: Students must fulfill admission requirements to study at St. Lawrence College.
- Language Requirement: All applicants must be fluent enough in English to understand instructors and the technical language used in their subject area.
The selected candidates will receive up to $2,000 towards the 2nd semester’s tuition fees reduction of any undertaken graduate programme at St. Lawrence College.
✅ Get help for this Amazon Internship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.