Chalmers University of Technology encouraged to apply for the International PhD Position in Cyber security for Systems. For the academic year 2022/2023, the educational program is open.
The studentship is available to the most promising students who are starting their PhD studies at a Swedish university. To apply for this opportunity, students must have a master’s degree equating to at least 240 higher education credits in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline, as well as a strong foundation in computer architecture.
Chalmers University of Technology is a Swedish university that focuses on research and education in technology, natural sciences, architecture, mathematics, seafaring, and other management-related fields.
Why should you go to Chalmers University of Technology to study?
Chalmers University is a forerunner in terms of how a university may take on societal responsibilities and make meaningful progress for the greater good. By supporting Chalmers’ efforts, you may help make a difference in vital areas not only today, but also in the future.
Chalmers University of Technology is a Swedish university in Gothenburg that focuses on technology, natural sciences, architecture, mathematics, maritime, and other management fields.
The university was established in 1829 thanks to a gift from William Chalmers, a director of the Swedish East India Company. He left a portion of his fortune to establish a “industrial school.” Chalmers was a private institution until 1937, when it was converted to a state-owned university.
The school was established as an aktiebolag in 1994, under the control of the Swedish government, the faculty, and the Student Union. Chalmers is one of only three Swedish universities named after people, the others being Karolinska Institutet and Linnaeus University.
Application Deadline: The last date to submit the entries to participate in the following grant is 13 February 2022
✅ Brief Description
- University or Organization: Chalmers University of Technology
- Department: Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and international students
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from Sweden and all the other remaining countries of the world are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD position in Cyber security for Systems
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- To qualify for this PhD student position, you must have a master’s level degree corresponding to at least 240 higher education credits in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or in a related field, with a good foundation in computer architecture. As a person, you are empathetic, loyal, and have high ethical standards. You are also highly motivated, energetic, independent, and have the ability to find solutions to complex problems.
- The position requires sound verbal and written communication skills in English.
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this studentship, applicants must submit the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- CV: (Please name the document: CV, Family name, Ref. number)
- Other, for example, previous employments or leadership qualifications and positions of trust.
- Two references that we can contact.
- Personal letter: (Please name the document as Personal letter, Family name, Ref. number)
- 1-3 pages where you:
- Introduce yourself
- Describe your previous experience of relevance for the position (e.g., education, thesis work, and, if applicable, any other research activities)
- Describe your future goals and future research focus
- Other documents:
- Copies of bachelor’s and/or master’s thesis.
- Attested copies and transcripts of completed education, grades and other certificates, e.g., TOEFL test results.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to provide an official transcript for all completed semesters to date.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have English proficiency equivalent to or above the Swedish upper secondary school English course 6. An internationally recognized English test is accepted.
The successful applicants will get a PhD degree position in Cyber security for Systems at the Chalmers University of Technology. They will receive a handsome salary package for the academic year 2022/2023.
✅ Get help for this scholarship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.