It is awarding Freshman Merit Global Scholarships to international students for the academic year 2022-2023. As a result,The University of Central Oklahoma is dedicated to keeping tuition costs affordable.
Freshman Merit Global Scholarships is eligible to incoming UCO undergraduate students. Students from around the world are eligible. To be eligible for the $6,000 scholarship, applicants must have a minimum 3.25 GPA, SAT 1250, or ACT 26.
In Edmond, Oklahoma, the University of Central Oklahoma is a public university. UCO is Oklahoma’s third-largest university. In Regional Universities West, it is rated 71st. The University of Central Oklahoma is a well-known urban institution.
Why should you attend the University of Central Oklahoma to further your education?
UCO assists students in becoming productive, creative, ethical, and engaged citizens and leaders through transformative educational experiences. It provides its students with high-quality, cost-affordable transformative teaching and learning opportunities.
✅ More About The University of Central Oklahoma
The University of Central Oklahoma (UCO or Central State) is an Oklahoma public university located in Edmond. With over 17,000 students and 434 full-time and 400 adjunct faculty, it is Oklahoma’s third largest university. The University of Central Oklahoma, founded in 1890, was one of the first institutions of higher learning to be established in what would become the state of Oklahoma, making it one of the oldest universities in the United States’ southwest region. In downtown Oklahoma City, it houses the American branch of the British Academy of Contemporary Music.
The University of Central Oklahoma was established on December 24, 1890, when the Territorial Legislature voted to establish the Territorial Normal School, making UCO the state’s second oldest public university. The first was the University of Oklahoma, which was founded on December 19, 1890. The first classes were held in November 1891. In comparison, Oklahoma A&M College (now Oklahoma State University) started classes in December 1891, and the University of Oklahoma started classes in the fall of 1892.
If certain conditions were met, the Territorial Legislature agreed to locate the new school in Edmond. First, Oklahoma County was required to donate $5,000 in bonds, and Edmond was required to donate 40 acres (160,000 m2) of land within one mile (1.6 km) of the town; the land was eventually donated by Anton Classen. Ten of those acres were required to be set aside for the new school. The remaining land had to be subdivided into lots that would be sold to fund the new school. Richard Thatcher was elected the first President of the Territorial Normal School of Oklahoma on October 1, 1891.
The conditions were all met, and the city of Edmond contributed an additional $2,000 in bonds. The first class, consisting of 23 students, convened on November 1, 1891, in the Epworth League Room of the unfurnished First Methodist Church. The Central Oklahoma Normal School Historical Society erected an Oklahoma granite marker near the original site in 1915. It can be seen at the intersection of Boulevard and Second Street.
Application Deadline: The students must have completed and submitted their application by 31st May 2022.
✅ Freshman Merit Global Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: University of Central Oklahoma
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $6,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
✅ Eligibility Freshman Merit Global Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate programs offered at UCO can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be incoming international students.
- The applicants must minimum of 3.25 GPA or SAT 1250 or ACT 26.
✅ How to Apply Freshman Merit Global Scholarship
- How to Apply: Students are required to apply via the designated application portal of the university. Scholarship winners will be assessed on the basis of their admission applications.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official academic credentials.
- Bank statement.
- Statement of financial sponsorship.
- Proof of high school graduation (if available).
- Passport or national identification document.
- Admission Requirements: Admission requirements of the university for undergraduate applicants must be fully met.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL – 61 IBT (Internet-based test) or 500 PBT (paper-based test).
- IELTS – 5.5
- Duolingo – 85
- PTE Academic – 42
✅ Freshman Merit Global Scholarship Benefits
The applicants selected by the University of Central Oklahoma will be provided $6,000, $3,000 per semester, for up to two-semester of undergraduate study.
✅ Get help for this scholarship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.