For the academic year 2022-2023, the University of Saint Joseph is thrilled to welcome international students from all over the world through its “YouAreWelcomeHere” Scholarships program.
This scholarship is accessible to first-year international students from all academic majors and fields of study who want to improve intercultural understanding.
The University of Saint Joseph is a private Roman Catholic university in West Hartford, Connecticut, founded in 1932 by the Sisters of Mercy of Connecticut. With a mission to encourage, support, and facilitate caring service as an intrinsic part of all teaching and learning experiences, the University of Saint Joseph is ranked #187 in National Universities.
Why should you choose the University of Saint Joseph as your place of study?
The University of Saint Joseph offers a values-based education that equips students to be global citizens, lifelong learners, and knowledgeable decision-makers.
The University of Saint Joseph, formerly known as the Macau Inter-University Institute, is a Catholic university that was founded in 1996. The event was co-hosted by the Catholic University of Portugal and the Diocese of Macau. It is also linked structurally, academically, and socially to the Macau special administrative region, Portugal, and mainland China. It describes itself as a private Catholic university in, of, and for Macao, in, and for China, with a focus on post-graduate teaching and research, as well as professional training in the liberal arts and social sciences.
USJ offers a diverse range of courses in the humanities, social sciences, and technology. New courses are added on a regular basis to keep up with the most recent academic and scientific advances in the modern world. There are programmes for certificates, diplomas, licentiate (undergraduate/ bachelor’s), master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as some interesting language programmes that include Putonghua (Mandarin, Portuguese, Japanese, French, and English) instruction.
The university relocated its main campus building to Ilha Verde in September 2017.
The Rev’d Prof Stephen Morgan DPhil (Oxon), the university’s fourth rector, was installed on May 23, 2020. He is a theologian and ecclesiastical historian who previously served as Dean of the Faculty of Religious Studies at the university.
The University announced in September 2021 that it had been granted permission to recruit students from Mainland China for the first time.
The university has three campuses: the main campus in Ilha Verde, Nossa Senhora de Fátima (Our Lady of Fátima Parish), the original campus (NAPE1) in Sé (Cathedral Parish), and the Saint Joseph Seminary in So Lourenço (Saint Lawrence).
Application Deadline: Applications made later than 15th February 2022 will not be accepted.
✅ Brief Description
- University or Organization: University of Saint Joseph
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: 2
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate or graduate study programs at USJ can be undertaken.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicant must be a first-year international applicant to USJ.
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students need to log in to the university portal and submit their admission applications. Scholarship application form must be submitted to [email protected] with a one-page personal letter.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts
- Personal essay
- Copy of passport
- Academic letter of recommendation
- Official certification of finances
- Admission Requirements: Students must check the university’s requirements for international students and meet them.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- IELTS – 6.5
- Duolingo – 105
- PTE – 53
- ELS – 112
The selected students will be provided a tuition fee scholarship worth 50% of the tuition fee costs of the undertaken study program at USJ.
✅ Get help for this Amazon Internship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.