The Freie University of Berlin has chosen to grant deserving international students Test Scholarships in order to aid in the recruitment of international PhD applicants. The scholarships are available for the academic year 2022-2023 in Germany.
Only international students are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Applicants for PhD programs are eligible. To be considered for this scholarship grant worth EUR 1,300, interested students must submit a CV and a proposal.
The Freie University of Berlin is a German public research university. Its purpose is to broadly integrate sustainability problems into the university curriculum and to apply the concept of Education for Sustainable Development, ranking 111th in Best Global Universities.
Why should you study at Berlin’s Freie University?
Since 2007, the Freie University of Berlin has been one of Germany’s top universities, excelling in both research and teaching. In both rounds of the previous competition, the German Excellence Initiative, in 2006/2007 and 2012, the university was recognized as an excellent university.
✅ Interesting Facts About Freie University of Berlin
The Free University of Berlin is a German public research university located in Berlin. It is one of eleven elite German research universities participating in the German Universities Excellence Initiative, and it is consistently ranked among Germany’s top ten universities overall, with particular strengths in political science and the humanities. It is ranked as a top university in international university rankings.
The Free University was founded in West Berlin in 1948 with American support as a de facto western continuation of the Frederick William University, which was in East Berlin and faced strong communist repression; its name refers to West Berlin’s status as part of the Western Free World, in contrast to the communist-controlled university in East Berlin.
In 2008, The Free University of Berlin, in collaboration with the Hertie School of Governance and the WZB Social Science Research Center Berlin, established the Berlin Graduate School for Transnational Studies.
The majority of the Free University of Berlin’s facilities are located in Dahlem, a residential garden district in southwestern Berlin. Dahlem was established as a high-caliber research centre around the turn of the twentieth century. Friedrich Althoff, Ministerial Director in the Prussian Ministry of Culture, who initially proposed the establishment of a “German Oxford,” supported academic activity in Dahlem.
The first new buildings housed government science agencies as well as new University of Berlin research institutes. The Kaiser Wilhelm Society, forerunner of the modern Max Planck Society, was established in Dahlem in 1911 and established several institutes.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for the Fall and Spring semesters is 1st April 2022 and 1st November 2022 respectively.
✅ Brief Description
- University or Organization: Freie University of Berlin
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: EURO 1,300
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake PhD degree study programs at FU Berlin.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must submit a project report to the Center for International Cooperation within six weeks of project completion.
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: Doctoral candidates need to submit an online application form for admission. The students must submit the scholarship application form and a CV to [email protected] in order to apply for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to submit a CV.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the formal PhD requirements of the university and submit a project report to the Center for International Cooperation within six weeks of project completion.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- ILETS – 4.5 to 5.0
- TOEFL PBT – 450 to 500
- TOEFL CBT – 130 to 170
- TOEFL IBT – 60 to 80
- UNICert – I to II
Selected PhD candidates will be given this scholarship consisting of a monthly scholarship of EURO 1,300 (maximum of three months) and a travel allowance.
✅ Get help for this scholarship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.