Candidates interested in studying at University of Bayreuth, Air pollution modelling and health, spatiotemporal statistical modelling, model optimization, and the change of support problem might study for PhD positions at the University of Bayreuth.
For the academic year 2022-2023, applications are now being accepted for this position. Applicants with a research experience in geoinformatics, statistics, computer science, or comparable will be considered, as will those with programming expertise. All students, both international and domestic, are eligible to apply.
The University of Bayreuth, founded in 1975, is a public research university dedicated to advancing interdisciplinary research and science, as well as the creation and development of interdisciplinary disciplines. It is ranked 36th in Germany’s top-ranking institutions.
Why should you study at Bayreuth University?
Because of its central location, the University of Bayreuth is a popular destination for international students. Because the communicative campus brings together scientific exchange benefits from a wide range of fields, the University of Bayreuth has received numerous accolades and honors for its scholarly achievements. It also provides a plethora of cultural and creative opportunities for its students and scholars.
✅ Interesting Facts About The University of Bayreuth
The University of Bayreuth is a public research university in Bayreuth, Germany, founded in 1975 as a campus university. It is divided into seven undergraduate and graduate faculties, with each defining its own admission standards and academic programmes in near autonomy.
Global Change Ecology, Theatre and Media Studies, and Health Economics are just a few of the interdisciplinary courses available at the university. In the Times Higher Education world university ranking for universities founded less than 50 years ago, the university was ranked 51 in 2020. It is a member of the Elite Network of Bavaria (Elitenetzwerk Bayern), a Bavarian educational policy concept aimed at promoting gifted students and pupils in the higher education sector.
Wolf-Peter Hentschel, who had been head of the executive office since 1 January 1972, was the first chancellor from 1973 to Oktober 1999. Ekkehard Beck was chancellor from November 1999 to 2010, and Markus Zanner was chancellor from 2011 to 2020; his successor is Nicole Kaiser.
The university has a capacity of approximately 10,000 students; however, due to the dual Abitur cohorts, enrollment peaked at approximately 11,400 students in the winter term 2011/12. Many study programmes take a quasi-interdisciplinary approach, such as “Philosophy and Economics,” “History and Economics,” “International Economy and Development,” “Health Economics,” “Sports Economics,” “Polymer- and Colloidal Chemistry,” “Geoecology,” “Global Change Ecology,” or “Applied Informatics.”
Application Deadline: Students are expected to start their studies in April 2022, so they should make applications as soon as possible.
✅ Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: University of Bayreuth
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Germany.
✅ Scholarship Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: All international and German national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Research studies in Geoinformatics at the University of Bayreuth can be undertaken.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a research background in geoinformatics, statistics, computer science, or equivalent.
- The applicant must have an interest in atmospheric science, environmental modeling, or Geohealth.
- The applicant must possess programming skills in R or Python
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for this position, students must go to the applicant portal and start their application, in which they must choose ‘Geoinformatics’ from the drop-down menu. All applications will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to provide a cover letter, CV, publication list as well as the contact information of two references.
- Admission Requirements: Students must possess relevant qualifications.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to have good English writing and communication skill.
✅ Scholarship Benefits
The candidates selected by the University of Bayreuth will be offered the research position in Geoinformatics.
✅ Get help for this Amazon Internship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.