Edinburgh Law School is ecstatic to be able to provide funding options for exceptional and deserving students to pursue their legal study in the United law.
This Scholarships for LLM by Research are available for the academic year 2022-2023. The Edinburgh Legal Education Trust is offering a one-year scholarship that can be offered dependent on the students’ progress. This monetary award of £10,926 is open to both domestic and international students who apply for an LLM by Research degree at the University of Edinburgh.
This University, one of the world’s top universities, houses the Edinburgh Law School. In the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings for Law, the law school is rated 17th.
Why should you go to the University of Edinburgh to study?
The open and multidisciplinary traditions of Scots law are at the heart of Edinburgh Law School. They are a fully comprehensive law school devoted to being an open, inclusive, and socially responsible member of the society that affects civic change both locally and globally.
✅ Interesting Facts About Edinburgh Law School
Established in 1707, is a law school affiliated with the University of Edinburgh in Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom. It is housed in the historic Old College, the University’s first campus. Two of the twelve justices on the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom, including the current President and Deputy President, are alumni of Edinburgh.
The University of Edinburgh was placed first in Scotland and fourth in the United Kingdom in the Research Excellence Framework, which was commissioned by the UK government in 2014. Edinburgh was ranked 10th in the UK in The Guardian’s 2022 league table rankings. Edinburgh was ranked eighth in the UK in the Complete University Guide league rankings for 2022. Edinburgh was ranked 11th in the UK in the 2018 The Times league rankings.
Throughout its history, the School (or Faculty) of Law has hosted some of Europe’s top legal minds. Professor Erskine’s Principles (1754) and those of Professor George Joseph Bell became classic texts in Scots Law, and James Muirhead’s work on Roman Law received international acclaim. As Regius Professor at Edinburgh in the twentieth century, the prominent legal theorist Professor Sir Neil MacCormick authored fundamental writings on legal philosophy.
Professor of European Union Law Professor Niamh Nic Shuibhne; academic and novelist Professor Alexander McCall Smith; former Judge at the European Court of First Instance Sir David Edward QC; former Scottish Law Commissioners Emeritus Professor George Gretton, Professor Hector MacQueen, Professor Gerry Maher QC, Professor Andrew Murray (architect of the Pan Am Flight 103 bombing trial).
Application Deadline: The application path for this scholarship closes on 9th May 2022.
✅ Brief Description
- University or Organization: Edinburgh Law School
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master
- Award: £10,926
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: Domestic and foreign national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: LLM degree by research at Edinburgh Law School can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be accepted by the University of Edinburgh for the degree of LLM by Research.
- The applicants must hold an honours degree in law or an ordinary degree in law plus an honours degree in a different discipline.
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications for a PhD programme at the law school must be made online. Students are required to fill the scholarship application form and mail it to [email protected] to submit.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Previous academic transcripts
- Degree certificates
- Degree certificate and transcript from your postgraduate study
- Two academic references
- A research proposal
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in law, or a social science subject or equivalent.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
- TOEFL-iBT – 100
- CAE/CPE – 185
- Trinity ISE – SE III with a pass in all four components
- PTE – 70
✅ Scholarships Benefits
The selected students will be awarded a scholarship that will cover tuition fees (at the home level) and provide a stipend of £10,926, in addition to the limited amount of assistance that may be given by the Trust in respect of research expenses, but this will not typically exceed £400 in a year.
✅ Get help for this Amazon Internship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.