The International Programs Office Scholarships granted by the University of Houston Victoria ( UHV ) for the academic year 2022-2023 will help you realise your academic potential.
The programme is designed to assist international students who wish to pursue undergraduate and graduate degrees at the university.
UHV was founded in 1971 and now has about 4,300 students enrolled. Victoria, Texas is home to the University of Houston–Victoria, a public university. The University of Houston System includes it. It has a 20-acre (8.1-hectare) campus in Victoria, as well as a satellite facility at UHV Katy.
What makes the University of Houston Victoria such a great place to study?
They encourage student leadership, collaboration, and good citizenship. They support UHV’s academic goal and ensure that students receive the support they need to succeed at UHV and in the community. They contribute to a healthy, safe, and productive learning environment by being attentive to the needs of our diverse student group.
Victoria, Texas’s University of Houston–Victoria (UHV) is a public university. The University of Houston System includes it. It has a 20-acre (8.1-hectare) campus in Victoria, as well as a satellite facility at UHV Katy. UHV was founded in 1971 and now has about 4,300 students enrolled.
The University of Houston–Victoria grew out of a community movement in the late 1960s to bring a higher education institution to Victoria. The Coordinating Board of the Texas College and University System established the University of Houston Victoria Center, an off-campus centre of the university, in 1971. In the spring semester of 1973, one hundred students registered at the centre.
Senate Bill 235, approved by the Texas legislature in April 1983, granted the institution permanent degree-granting standing in the state. The University of Houston Victoria Center was renamed the University of Houston–Victoria, making it the fourth university in the University of Houston System.
During the 2007–2008 school year, UHV began its athletics programme with the Jaguars baseball and softball teams. The teams have been competing in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics since then. Men’s and women’s soccer and golf programmes debuted in the fall of 2010.
The UH System Board of Regents approved a resolution in October 2008 permitting UHV to seek enabling state legislation to allow freshmen and sophomores to enrol. Texas State Representative Geanie Morrison of Victoria presented House Bill 1056, which would allow UHV to expand, and Texas State Senator Glenn Hegar introduced Senate Bill 567, which is identical to House Bill 1056. On June 19, 2009, Texas Governor Rick Perry signed House Bill 1056 into law.
On November 17, 2009, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools approved UHV to enrol freshmen and offer lower-division courses, and on the same day, UHV received its first freshman application. In the fall of 2010, the university’s first freshmen and sophomores began classes, and Jaguar Hall, the university’s first residence hall, opened on the Victoria campus.
Application Deadline: Open
✅ Brief Description
- University or Organization: University of Houston Victoria
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or graduate
- Award: Educational fund
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Admitted student at UHV
- Students must be F-1/J-1 international students before the start of the awarding semester.
- Students must be registered as undergraduate or graduate international students at UHV.
- J-1 Self-paying and Sponsored students are eligible to receive the scholarship.
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the programme, aspirants are advised to enrol in the undergraduate and graduate degree programmes at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Email copies of all official transcripts to Admissions or mail them to University of Houston-Victoria 3007 N. Ben Wilson St. Victoria, TX 77901 Attn: Admissions & Student Recruitment and proof of bacterial meningitis vaccination
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 for undergraduate and 3.0 for graduate.
- Language Requirement: All students attending the University of Houston-Victoria must be proficient in the use of English. Regardless of immigration status, students whose educational instruction has not been in the English language and/or whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency.
✅ Scholarship Benefits:
The educational fund will be provided by the University of Houston Victoria for applicants from the United States.
✅ Get help for this scholarship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.