Continue your education in a different country. There’s some great news! Applications for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship Program are now being accepted.
This article will walk you through the details of the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth scholarship, its benefits, and the application process. The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Award is a fully funded master’s degree scholarship for international students.
Full tuition, living expenses, return airfare, arrival fees, and a research grant are all covered by this Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth scholarship.
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships are a once-in-a-lifetime chance for students who are committed to making a difference in their communities to go to a new country and culture, broaden their ideas, and build a worldwide network that will last a lifetime.
There is no application fee for the QECS. Commonwealth Scholars help to make positive changes and identify solutions. There are many academic subjects from which to pick. Students from Commonwealth countries with low and moderate incomes will be eligible for the award. Citizens of Commonwealth countries are eligible for this scholarship.
The current hosts of the QECS awards are only those who are listed on the website. If a country or university isn’t featured on the website, it won’t be hosting the awards this year. This could be due to the timing of the application season; for example, certain universities’ academic year begins in January/February, therefore they would be considered for the second round of grants. Keep an eye on the website for updates on the institutions and nations that will be participating in the second application season.
✅ Interesting Facts About Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is an international initiative in which Commonwealth states give scholarships and fellowships to citizens of other Commonwealth countries.
The proposal was conceived in 1959 during the first Conference of Commonwealth Education Ministers (CCEM) in Oxford, United Kingdom, after a speech by Canadian leader Sidney Earle Smith in Montreal on September 1, 1958. Since then, approximately 25,000 people from over twenty nations have received rewards. The CSFP is one of the most important mechanisms for cross-Commonwealth exchange.
There is no centralised management of the CSFP. Instead, a series of bilateral agreements between the home and host nations govern participation. A national nominating agency, which is in charge of publicising awards pertinent to their own country and submitting nominations to host countries, coordinates each country’s involvement.
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom, a non-departmental public body, is in charge of this procedure, which is sponsored by the Department for International Development in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Plan’s main contributor. Since 2008, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has not contributed financially to the plan, and the number and types of scholarships available for students from more developed Commonwealth countries to study in the UK (Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand, and Singapore) have been reduced. Other countries, such as Australia, no longer give scholarships as part of the CSFP.
New modifications have been made to better align scholarships with Commonwealth members’ shared commercial and innovation goals. During President Tony Tan’s state visit to the United Kingdom in October 2014, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II announced the re-establishment of the Royal Commonwealth Society of Singapore to promote the Commonwealth and provide new Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships in Innovation for Singaporeans. In August 2017, the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship for Innovation was granted to the Rt. Hon. Joshua Cheong and Dr. Khoo Hsien Hui. Sajid Javid is a politician from the United Kingdom.
✅ Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters
- Host Countries: Bangladesh, eSwatini, Ghana, Kenya, Malaysia, Mauritius, Pakistan, Rwanda, Tanzania
- Program Period: 2 years
- Deadline: January, 2022
✅ Host Universities for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
- University of Dhaka
- University of Eswatini
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, (KNUST), Kumasi, Ghana
- The University of the West Indies
- Technical University of Kenya
- University of Nairobi
- Universiti Malaya
- Universiti Putra Malaysia
- University of Mauritius
- COMSATS University Islamabad
- University of Rwanda
- The State University of Zanzibar
✅ Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship Coverage
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The full tuition fee waiver will be provided.
- A scholar will be receiving living expenses.
- Return tickets will be provided.
- An arrival allowance will also be provided.
- A research grant will be provided.
✅ Eligibility Criteria for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship
To be eligible for Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program CFSP, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: Check University requirements.
- Eligible Countries: Citizen of a commonwealth country.
- A candidate must have a bachelor’s degree.
- There is no upper age limit.
- A candidate must be aware that he or she is going to study in a lower or middle-income country.
✅ How to Apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship:
- An applicant can only apply for the university that is mentioned in the list on the official website.
- No host university will be entertaining the participant in the UK, Canada, or Australia.
- There are two cycles for applying each year, a candidate needs to look into the country/university that would determine in which cycle he should apply.
- An applicant can apply to more than one university or country.
- After the acknowledgment of the above information, a candidate can apply via the official website along with the required documents and correct information.
✅ Apply Now
To know more about Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship, please visit official website:
✅ Get help for this Amazon Internship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.