Oregon State University is delighted to offer the South Asian Regional Awards for candidates who wish to accomplish their undergraduate degree in the USA.
The aim of this grant is to attract the best and most motivated applicants who have a plan to pursue an undergraduate degree at the university. Students who are residents of countries in South Asia will automatically receive the award for up to four years.
Oregon State University is a public land-grant research university ranked among the top public universities in Corvallis. With a mission to remain committed to teaching, research, outreach and engagement, and economic, social, cultural, and environmental progress for the people of Oregon, the nation, and the world, Oregon State University promotes economic, social, cultural, and environmental progress for the people of Oregon, the nation, and the world.
Oregon State University is a comprehensive university committed to developing critical thinkers among its graduates. It is the best because it is constantly on the lookout for fresh knowledge and solutions in order to align with the next generation of scholars through collaboration with communities in Oregon and throughout the world. It retains a tradition of academic achievement, particularly in three key areas: sustainable earth ecosystems science, health and wellness, and economic prosperity and social progress.
More About Oregon State University
In Corvallis, Oregon, Oregon State University (OSU) is a public land-grant research university. More than 200 undergraduate degree programmes, as well as graduate and doctoral degrees, are available at the university. With an average on-campus attendance of around 32,000 students, it is the state’s largest university. OSU has graduated nearly 272,000 students since its inception. It falls into the category of “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity,” with the potential of being designated as a “Community Engagement” university.
OSU is one of just four land-grant universities in the USA that simultaneously participates in the sea-grant, space-grant, and sun-grant research consortia (University of Hawaii at Manoa, Cornell University and Pennsylvania State University are the others). For the 2017 fiscal year, OSU received $441 million in research money, making it the top research earner in the state.
Corvallis, Oregon’s 420-acre (170-hectare) main campus is the city’s focal point. The campus, which is located 83 miles south of Portland in the Willamette Valley, has been named the Pac-10’s safest campus (1994). John Charles Olmsted, a landscape architect, designed much of the main campus in 1906. The National Register of Historic Places listed Olmsted’s early campus design as the Oregon State University Historic District in 2008. It is Oregon’s only college or university campus to be designated as a historic district. Lee Arden Thomas, an OSU alumnus and renowned Oregon architect, created the Memorial Union. It’s been called “one of Oregon’s greatest specimens of Neoclassical architecture.”
Application Deadline: February 1, 2022
✅ Brief Description
- University or Organization: Oregon State University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $32,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Nepal
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Students who are residents of countries in South Asia will automatically receive the award for up to four years
- Automatically renewable with a GPA of 2.0+
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants must have to enrol in the undergraduate degree programme at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Submit the following:
- Official transcript by the University
- Personal statement in English
- Valid passport
- Financial information
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a 3.0 GPA High school diploma or IB Diploma with minimum overall score of 26 or IGCSE 5 subjects with a 3.0 average using NCAA scale (9-7/A=4, 5-6/B/C=3, 4/D/E=2, F/G=1, 3-1/U=0). Subjects must include Maths, English, Science, 2 electives.
- Language Requirement: Students must have the following:
- 70 iBT TOEFL
- 0 IELTS
- Level 5 Academic English completion
- 48 PT
- 100 Duolingo
✅ Scholarship Benefits:
For applicants from the United States, Oregon State University will provide $32,000.
✅ Get help for this Amazon Internship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.