The Honors Distinction Scholarships programme at Michigan State University will provide financial assistance to high-calibre overseas students who wish to pursue an education at the university.
The prize is valued at $5,000. Candidates from any world who have received an offer to study in an honours programme are eligible to apply for this programme.
Michigan State University is the country’s most prestigious public land-grant university and one of the world’s most prestigious research institutes. MSU is dedicated to advancing knowledge and changing lives, and is placed 157th in the QS Global World University Rankings.
For undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education programmes, Michigan State University has been successful in creating world-class learning environments. Learners should be actively engaged in the programmes, with opportunities to deepen their knowledge. MSU cultivates a welcoming atmosphere that encourages citizens, students, teachers and staff, and administrators to participate in its operations.
In East Lansing, Michigan, Michigan State University (MSU) is a public land-grant research university. MSU was founded in 1855 and served as a model for the Morrill Act of 1862, which established land-grant colleges and universities. The university began as the State of Michigan Agricultural College, one of the country’s first institutions of higher learning to teach scientific agriculture. The college became coeducational and expanded its programme outside agriculture when the Morrill Act was passed. MSU is now one of the largest universities in the United States (by enrollment) and has around 634,300 living alumni around the world.
In 2019, U.S. News & World Report ranked its graduate programmes in elementary and secondary teacher education, industrial and organisational psychology, rehabilitation counselling, African history (tied), supply chain logistics, and nuclear physics as the best in the education. Packaging, hotel business, supply chain management, and communication sciences were all pioneered at MSU. Michigan State University is a member of the Association of American Universities and is classified as “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity” by the organisation. The W. J. Beal Botanical Garden, the Abrams Planetarium, the Wharton Center for Performing Arts, the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum, the Facility for Rare Isotope Beams, and the country’s largest residence hall system are all located on the university’s campus.
The Michigan State Spartans are a member of the Big Ten Conference in NCAA Division I. In 1954, 1956, 1988, and 2014, Michigan State Spartans football won the Rose Bowl Game, giving the university a total of six national football championships. The men’s basketball team has reached the Final Four eight times since the 1998–1999 season, winning the NCAA National Championship in 1979 and 2000. In 1966, 1986, and 2007, the Spartans won NCAA national titles in ice hockey. In 2019, the women’s cross country team was named Big Ten champions. According to NCAA statistics, MSU student-athletes set all-time highs for graduate success rates and federal graduation rates in the fall of 2019.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2022
✅ Brief Description
- University or Organization: Michigan State University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Honors
- Award: $5,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: USA, Canada and Mexico
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Awarded to non-resident Honors College invitees who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents or citizens of Canada or Mexico; $5,000 annually; eight semesters.
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, students are advised to enrol in the honors programme at the university. After that, you can apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: Official academic records must be mailed in an official, sealed school envelope directly to the Office of Admissions at Michigan State University or in some cases provided electronically, certified, from your school, one essay,
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have the following:
- Academic performance in high school
- Strength and quality of curriculum
- Recent trends in academic performance
- Class rank
- Standardized test results
- Language Requirement: International applicants are required to submit proof of English Language Proficiency.
✅ Scholarship Benefits:
Students who are U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or citizens of Canada or Mexico will receive a $5,000 grant each year from Michigan State University.
✅ Get help for this Amazon Internship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.