The Clayton H. Riddell Faculty of Environment, Earth, and Resources at the University of Manitoba in Canada is working to increase student funding to help them complete their programmes.
As a result, for the academic year 2022-2023, it has established the Direct Entry Admission Scholarships.
This scholarship is exclusively available to domestic and international undergraduate students applying to the University for direct entry admission. This $1,000 scholarship will be given to applicants who have a strong academic standing and are currently enrolled full-time in their first year of study in any baccalaureate degree programme offered by the Riddell Faculty.
This University is a public research university located in Manitoba, Canada. It was founded in 1877 with the vision of becoming one of the world’s leading universities by committing to transformative research and scholarship.
Why should you pick the University of Manitoba to further your education?
The University of Manitoba attracts people from all around the world who share the same ideas and vision to make a difference. The university is a firm believer in accepting difficulties and acting on them.
✅ More About the University of Manitoba
The Institution of Manitoba is a public research university located in Manitoba, Canada. It is Western Canada’s first university, having been established in 1877.
The University of Manitoba is the largest university in Manitoba and the 17th largest in Canada in terms of overall student enrolment and campus space. Its main campus is in the Fort Garry neighbourhood of southern Winnipeg, with smaller campuses dispersed across the city. It has dozens of faculties and hundreds of degree programmes. The University of Manitoba has three major campuses: the Bannatyne Campus, the James W. Burns Executive Education Centre, and the William Norrie Centre, in addition to the Fort Garry campus. In addition, the institution oversees the Université de Saint-Boniface, a French-language affiliate in Winnipeg’s Saint Boniface area.
The university has a reputation for being a top research-intensive post-secondary educational institution, performing more research annually than any other in the region, and its competitive academic and research programmes have routinely placed among the best in the Canadian Prairies. The University of Manitoba’s research has resulted in a number of world-renowned contributions, including the development of canola oil in the 1970s.
Nobel Laureates, Academy Award winners, Order of Merit recipients, and Olympic medalists are among the University of Michigan’s alumni. The University of Manitoba has received more Rhodes Scholarships than any other university in Western Canada, with 99 recipients as of 2019. Furthermore, the university has produced a slew of government officials, including premiers, Supreme Court justices, and Members of Parliament (MPs).
The University of Manitoba is also a member of Universities Canada and the U15 group of research-intensive universities in Canada, as well as the International Association of Universities and the Association of Commonwealth Universities. As a result of its expanded global reach, the university now has one of Canada’s most internationally varied student bodies.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applying for admission in Spring 2022 is 1st March 2022.
✅ Brief Description
- University or Organization: University of Manitoba
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $1,000
- Number of Awards: 5
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Canada.
- Eligible Countries: All Canadian and foreign national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate programmes offered at the University of Manitoba can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be applying for direct entry.
- The applicants must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate programme.
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to visit the application portal of the university to apply for admission at the University of Manitoba. All eligible students will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Transcripts and course information from previous studies
- Proof of English language proficiency
- A personal statement about your goals for the program
- A portfolio of your previous work
- An audition or interview
- Admission Requirements: Students must fulfill the requirements of direct entry admission to the University of Manitoba.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- PTE – 58
- C1/C2 – 180
- CanTEST – 4.5
- TOEFL IBT – 86
- CAEL – 60
- IELTS – 6.5
- IAEP – Pass level 5
The selected undergraduate students will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship towards their direct entry admission for an undergraduate programme at Manitoba.
✅ Get help for this scholarship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.