Continue your education in the United Kingdom. There’s some great news! Newcastle University is presently accepting applications for PhD scholarships.
In this essay, we will go over the details of this scholarship programme, its perks, and the application process step by step. Newcastle University PhD Scholarships 2022-2023 are available to international candidates and are partially supported. The Newcastle University Overseas Research Scholarship (NUORS) covers the difference in fees between studying at home and studying abroad (value to be determined).
We have an international reputation for research excellence. On a large scale, high-quality academic work reacts to society expectations and demands. Newcastle University is divided into four campuses: one in Newcastle, one in London, one in Singapore, and one in Malaysia. In the QS World University Rankings 2020, Newcastle University was ranked in the top 150 universities in the world and in the top 10 in Europe for teaching excellence (Times Higher Education Europe Teaching Rankings).
✅ Interesting Facts About Newcastle University
Newcastle University is a public research university in Newcastle, England, officially known as the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. There are campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, and the United States. The university is a red brick institution and a member of the Russell Group, a collection of UK research-intensive universities.
The university’s foundations are the School of Medicine and Surgery (later the College of Medicine) and the College of Physical Science (later called Armstrong College), which were founded in 1834 and 1871, respectively. The Durham Colleges and the federal University of Durham subsequently combined to form the federal University of Durham’s main component. The colleges of Newcastle merged in 1937 to form King’s College. An Act of Parliament renamed King’s College the University of Newcastle upon Tyne in 1963.
The university’s three faculties are agriculture, engineering, and agriculture. The university offers around 175 full-time undergraduate degree programmes in a number of subject areas, including arts, sciences, engineering, and medicine, as well as 340 postgraduate teaching and research programmes in a variety of fields. The organisation made £523.6 million in revenue in 2020–21, with £99.6 million from research grants and contracts and £518.9 million spent. Newcastle University has one of the most substantial EU research portfolios in the UK.
✅ Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): Newcastle University
- Study in: UK
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to find the available PhD opportunities
- Program Period: The award is valid for the normal duration of the PhD (not longer than 3 years).
- Deadline: April 23, 2022
✅ Scholarship Coverage
Newcastle University PhD Scholarship covers the difference between home and overseas fee rates (value to be determined).
✅ Eligibility Criteria for Newcastle University PhD Scholarships
To qualify for Newcastle University PhD Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English. IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in all other sub-skills).
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- You have been offered a place on a PhD research programme
- You have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes, and are wholly or partially self-financing
- You intend to register to start your studies during the 2022/23 academic year
- Applications for a NUORS award cannot be made for a course that has already been started by a student.
- Applicants must be applying for a course of study based at our Newcastle Campus; courses based in London, Malaysia or Singapore are not eligible for this award.
✅ How to Apply for Newcastle University PhD Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Newcastle University PhD Scholarships:
(1) You must have already applied for and been offered a place to study at Newcastle University before you apply for a NUORS award. So first find a PhD of your interest here.
(2) You must apply through the University’s online postgraduate application system.
(3) To do this please Create a new account
(4) Only mandatory fields need to be completed. However, you will need to include the following information:
Attach a covering letter and CV.
Attach degree transcripts and certificates and, if English is not your first language, a copy of your English language qualifications
(5) Please complete the online NUORS application form and in accordance with the NUORS regulations. You will also be required to provide details of an academic referee; the University will then contact your referee directly.
(1) Further details can be found in the NUORS Regulations 21/22 (PDF: 110KB). Please read these thoroughly before applying.
(2) If you experience problems with the application form, please contact Student Financial Support.
Student Health and Wellbeing Service
Student Financial Support
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU
Telephone: +44 (0)191 208 5537/8107
Email: [email protected]
✅ Get help for this Amazon Internship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.