Eastern Illinois University is actively presenting the amazing LCBAS and Applied Sciences International Merit Awards for the academic year 2022-23 to support talented international students in the United States.
Newly admitted international students seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree in business or applied sciences are eligible for the Lumpkin College of Business and Applied Sciences International Merit Award.
Eastern Illinois University, located in Charleston, Illinois, is a public university. It was established in 1895 as the Eastern Illinois State Normal School, and it provides excellent undergraduate and graduate education at a reasonable cost. U.S. News and World Report put it in the top third of Midwest universities in its class. Within a student-centered campus culture, the University community is devoted to diversity and inclusion, and supports student-faculty scholarship and applied learning opportunities.
What makes Eastern Illinois University such a great place to study?
On the list, EIU is the highest-ranked public university in Illinois. Faculty, not teaching assistants, teach ninety-eight percent of our classes. Eastern University is a national leader in preparing students for doctorate studies. EIU helps students improve their reasoning and communication skills so that they can become responsible citizens and leaders. It will be a leading comprehensive university with a global reach and effect, where students’ academic success is aided by personal ties with faculty and staff.
✅ Interesting Facts About Eastern Illinois University
Eastern Illinois University, located in Charleston, Illinois, is a public university. Eastern Illinois University began in 1895 as the Eastern Illinois State Normal School, a two-year teacher’s college offering a broad curriculum, and has since grown into a comprehensive university offering bachelor’s and master’s degrees in education, business, arts, sciences, and humanities.
Eastern Illinois University enrols approximately 8,600 students. Admission to undergraduate programmes is competitive. Tuition is around $8,880 per year for residents of Illinois and neighbouring states, and $11,110 for non-residents. The additional fees total $2,923.48. The university estimates that the average cost of attendance is around $24,640 per academic year.
Though the College of Education is the largest department, there are notable programmes in Communication Disorders and Sciences and Biological Sciences. The endowment at the university is approximately $82 million. David Glassman is the current president.
EIU is classified as a regional public university in one of four regions in the US News & World Report college rankings: the Midwest Region. EIU is ranked fifth among its peers in that region in the publication’s 2019 rankings. EIU’s Business Program is ranked 405th in the country for Best Undergraduate Business Programs.
Application Deadline: The deadline for scholarship applications is May 1
✅ Brief Description
- University or Organization: Eastern Illinois University
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Undergraduate or graduate
- Award: $1,500
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate or graduate-level study programme in business or applied sciences
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (undergraduate) and 3.0 (graduate).
- Be admitted to EIU as a full-time, degree-seeking student.
- Applications must have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students need to sign up on the university portal to complete their admission applications for undergraduate and graduate degree.
- Supporting Documents: Demonstrate proof of funding for tuition, living expenses, a 500-1000 word essay on the topic of “Why I want to study at EIU?”
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must have a GPA of 2.75 for an undergraduate degree and 3.0 graduate degrees.
- Language Requirement: Official TOEFL, IELTS, STEP EIKEN; Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB), or iTEP Academic Plus Examination mailed directly from the respective testing service.
Eastern Illinois University will provide the one-time award amount of $1500 toward tuition, fees, or other expenses for the fall semester for minimum full-time enrollment at Eastern Illinois University, USA.
✅ Get help for this scholarship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.