Birmingham City University is pleased to provide GRTA Studentships to students who want to pursue their present research interests further.
Students interested in applying for the academic year 2022-2023 can do so now.
This opportunity is open to applicants from the United Kingdom, the European Union, and other countries. Applicants for international fee status will be asked to cover the difference in fee charges out of their own cash. PhD students who are selected will receive a stipend of £11,707 each year for up to two years.
TopUniversities has Birmingham City University placed 1001st in the QS World University Rankings. It aspires to be the world’s top university for innovative and inquiry-driven creative and professional practise.
What makes Birmingham City University such a great place to study?
Birmingham City University offers courses to help students become more employable, and its campuses have been modernised to create the finest learning environment possible.
✅ More About The University of Birmingham
The University of Birmingham is a public research university in Birmingham, England. It is located in Edgbaston. It was the first English civic or’red brick’ university to gain its own royal charter in 1900, as a successor to Queen’s College, Birmingham (founded in 1825 as the Birmingham School of Medicine and Surgery) and Mason Science College (founded in 1875 by Sir Josiah Mason). It is a founding member of the Russell Group of British research universities as well as Universitas 21, an international network of research universities.
The student population is the seventh largest in the UK, with 23,155 students and 12,605 postgraduates (out of 169). The university’s yearly income for 2020–21 was £774.1 million, with £168.3 million coming from research grants and contracts, and £738.5 million spent.
The university is home to the Barber Institute of Fine Arts, which houses works by Van Gogh, Picasso, and Monet, as well as the Shakespeare Institute, the Cadbury Research Library, which houses the Mingana Collection of Middle Eastern manuscripts, the Lapworth Museum of Geology, and the 100-meter Joseph Chamberlain Memorial Clock Tower, which is visible from many parts of the city. Former British Prime Ministers Neville Chamberlain and Stanley Baldwin, British musician Sir Edward Elgar, and eleven Nobel Laureates are among the university’s academics and alumni.
The university’s origins may be traced back to the Queen’s College, which was founded by William Sands Cox with the goal of developing a medical school that was entirely Christian, unlike the current London medical colleges. Further research indicated that the Birmingham Medical School had its origins in the medical education seminars of John Tomlinson, the first surgeon to the Birmingham Workhouse Infirmary and afterwards to the Birmingham General Hospital.
These classes, which took place in the winter of 1767–68, were the first of their kind in England and Wales. Medical apprentices at the General Hospital, which was founded in 1779, provided the first clinical training. The Birmingham Workhouse Infirmary’s medical school was founded in 1828, but Cox began teaching in December 1825. The Clinical Hospital in Birmingham received Queen Victoria’s patronage and was renamed “The Queen’s Hospital.” It was England’s first provincial teaching hospital. The medical college was renamed Queen’s College in 1843.
Application Deadline: December 10th, 2022
✅ Brief Description
- University or Organization: Birmingham City University
- Department: School of Education and Social Work
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £11,707
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: UK, EU and students from other overseas countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD programme offered at the School of Education and Social Work of BCU can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have submitted and shown satisfactory progress in their PhD research.
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are requested to complete their online application and ensure that they state the project reference GRTA-ESW-ISLAM on their proposal form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to provide a research proposal and personal statement.
- Admission Requirements: Students must meet the course-specific requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 5.5 to 7.0
- TOEFL iBT 95
✅ Scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates will receive a £11,707 stipend per year for up to two years of PhD study at BCU.
✅ Get help for this Amazon Internship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.