The University of Glasgow, located in the UK, offers several Leadership Scholarships available for international students.
The scholarship is for a postgraduate taught Masters’s program in any discipline for the year 2022. If you are looking for a scholarship opportunity in the for 2022 UK to complete your studies, then here we have an exciting scholarship opportunity for you; keep reading.
About The University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is a Scottish public research university located in Glasgow. It is the fourth-oldest university in the English-speaking world, and one of Scotland’s four ancient universities, having been founded by papal decree in 1451. The university was a component of the Scottish Enlightenment in the 18th century, together with the universities of Edinburgh, Aberdeen, and St Andrews.
Glasgow, like other pre-modern universities, taught predominantly affluent students; nevertheless, in the 19th century, it became a pioneer in British higher education by also catering to the requirements of students from the burgeoning urban and commercial middle class. All of these students were served by Glasgow University, which prepared them for careers in law, medicine, civil service, teaching, and the church. It also educated a small but growing number of people for science and engineering vocations. The institution’s yearly income for 2020–21 was £809.4 million, with £173.3 million coming from research grants and contracts and £693.1 million spent. It is a member of the Russell Group, Universitas 21, and the Guild of European Research-Intensive Universities.
The university’s first campus was on the city’s High Street, but its main campus has been at Gilmorehill in the city’s West End since 1870. A number of university buildings, including as the Veterinary School in Bearsden and the Crichton Campus in Dumfries, are also located elsewhere.
High academic standards, stringent entrance requirements (fourth highest in the UK), and a strong international research reputation have made the university a popular choice for students from throughout the world. Glasgow is a World Top 100 university, which means it ranks among the top 1% of all universities in the world. In the 2020 CWTS Leiden and 2020 QS World University Rankings, the University of Glasgow was rated 53rd and 67th globally, respectively, as well as nationally among the top 10 UK universities. According to the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), 81 percent of research accomplishments were classified as “internationally excellent,” and the UK ranked 10th in research volume. In appreciation of its contribution to reparative justice, the university was named “2020 THE University of the Year.”
Some of the most important figures in modern history have graduated from the University of Glasgow, including James Wilson, a signatory of the United States Declaration of Independence, three Prime Ministers of the United Kingdom, two Scottish First Ministers, economist Adam Smith, philosopher Francis Hutcheson, engineer James Watt, physicist Lord Kelvin, surgeon Joseph Lister, and eight Nobel Prize laureates, as well as numerous Olympic gold medalists, including the current chancellor, D. H. Lawrence.
Details about University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarships:
NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS
Vale of Scholarship
- Candidate must demonstrate academic excellence and achieve grades equivalent to UK 1st Class Honours
- The candidate hold an offer of a place for a postgraduate taught program for September 2022
- The candidate International or EU (non-UK) fee status
- Adult Education, Community Development & Youth Work [MEd/PgDip]
- Advanced Functional Materials [MSc]
- Advanced Nursing Science [MSc]
- Advanced Practice in Health Care [MSc(MedSci)]
- Advanced Statistics [MRes]
- Aerospace Engineering [MSc]
- Aerospace Engineering & Management [MSc]
- Ancient Cultures [MSc]
- Animal Welfare Science, Ethics & Law [MSc]
- Applied Linguistics [MSc]
- Applied Neuropsychology [MSc(MedSci)/PgDip]
- Archaeology [MSc]
- Art History [MLitt]
- Art History: Collecting & Provenance in an International Context [MSc]
- Art History: Dress & Textile Histories [MLitt]
- Art History: Technical Art History, Making & Meaning [MLitt]
- International Corporate Finance & Banking[MSc]
- International Finance [MFin]
- International Law [LLM]
- International Law & Security [LLM]
- International Management & Design Innovation[MSc]
- International Relations [MSc]
- International Relations [MRes]
- International Strategic Marketing [MSc]
- Investment Banking & Finance [MSc]
- Land & Hydrographic Surveying [MSc/PgDip/PgCert]
- Law [MRes]
- Law [LLM]
- Management [MSc]
- Management & Sustainable Tourism [MSc]
There is no separate application form required. Applicants holding offers will be automatically assessed for the scholarship based on academic merit. Applicants who are being considered for the scholarship will be notified within six weeks of receiving an offer.
✅ Get help for this scholarship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.