The University of the Incarnate Word is dedicated to providing educational opportunities to students from all walks of life, regardless of their financial circumstances.
As a result, the International Admissions Scholarships have been established to assist students for the academic year 2022-2023.
For all international undergraduate students, the university is accepting applications for the International Admissions Scholarships. Students who are pursuing their first degree are eligible to apply. The award will be used to cover the cost of tuition for the chosen programme.
The University of the Incarnate Word, founded in 1881, is a private Catholic university with campuses in San Antonio and Alamo Heights, Texas. In terms of national universities, the University of the Incarnate Word is ranked #263.
Why should you study the University of the Incarnate Word to further your education?
The University of the Incarnate Word is dedicated to academic excellence in the context of Christian faith in Jesus Christ, God’s Incarnate Word. Liberal education allows for this to happen. The university promotes holistic development as well as lifelong learning concepts.
✅ Interesting Facts About The University of the Incarnate Word
The University of the Incarnate Word (UIW) is a private, Catholic university in San Antonio and Alamo Heights, Texas. The university’s main campus is located on 154 acres and was founded in 1881 by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word (0.6 km2).
Incarnate Word High School is an all-girls high school, and St. Anthony Catholic High School is a co-educational high school. Through its Brainpower Connection programme, it also operates two elementary schools, St. Anthony’s and St. Peter Prince of the Apostles.
The Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word founded the school after arriving in San Antonio in 1869 to help with a cholera outbreak.
Bishop Claude M. Dubuis had asked Sisters Madeleine Chollet, Pierre Cinquin, and Agnes Buisson to come. The sisters took a stagecoach from Galveston to San Antonio, only to discover that their new home had been destroyed in a fire. The Ursuline Sisters provided shelter for the sisters until they moved into their newly constructed combined convent and hospital.
The sisters opened the Santa Rosa Infirmary, the city’s first hospital, on December 1. The sisters continued to grow their congregation while caring for the sick. They were then called to work in child care, and by 1874, they had established San Antonio’s first children’s homes, St. Joseph’s Orphanage for Girls and St. John’s Orphanage for Boys. Because of their childcare work, the sisters opened schools in Texas, Louisiana, Illinois, Missouri, and Mexico.
The Incarnate Word School was founded in 1881 and was originally chartered as a women’s college. The Academy of the Incarnate Word, which had been established in Government Hill in San Antonio, was relocated to the Motherhouse of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word in Alamo Heights in 1900. In 1909, college classes were added to the curriculum, and the institution’s name was changed to the College and Academy of the Incarnate Word.
Application Deadline: The Fall 2022 application is open, so apply now. The Office of Admissions is reviewing applications, processing documents, and releasing decisions.
✅ Brief Description
- University or Organization: University of the Incarnate Word
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: All international students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate programmes taught at the University of the Incarnate Word can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The applicants must be degree-seeking first-year undergraduate students at the university.
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must first apply for admission via the university’s application portal. All eligible students will b considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official high school transcript in English
- Copy of passport and any visa you hold for the United States
- Proof of Financial Support
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have graduated from high school and provide adequate proof.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL iBT – 79
- IELTS – 6.5 overall band score
- TOEIC – 650
- CAE (Cambridge Advanced) – C1
- PTE Academic (Pearson’s) – 53
- Duolingo English Test – 105
The University of the Incarnate Word will be awarding the selected students the scholarship towards the cost of their undergraduate studies.
✅ Get help for this scholarship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.