Do you want to work in a labs and research settings? Apply for a Mark James Studentship at Birkbeck, University of London, academic year 2022-2023.
This Mark James Studentship can be used to pursue a PhD programme in Geography, Environment, and Development Studies at Birkbeck, University of London. Students who have earned a relevant undergraduate’s or master’s degree will be considered. The prize will pay the costs of your studies.
Birkbeck, University of London, is a constituent college of the federal University of London, and is located in Bloomsbury, London, England. Mark James Studentship in Best Global Universities has Birkbeck University London ranked 886th.
Why should you study studying at Birkbeck, University of London?
Birkbeck is a world-class research university with a dynamic, intellectually stimulating research culture. Birkbeck’s students benefit from research-based instruction.
✅ About Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck, University of London (Birkbeck) is a public research university in Bloomsbury, London, England, and a member of the federal University of London. Birkbeck University was founded in 1823 as the London Mechanics’ Institute by its founder, Sir George Birkbeck, and supporters, Jeremy Bentham, J. C. Hobhouse, and Henry Brougham. It is one of the few universities in the United Kingdom that specialises in evening higher education.
The main building of Birkbeck is located in the Bloomsbury neighbourhood of the London Borough of Camden in Central London. Birkbeck University provides more than 200 undergraduate and postgraduate programmes that can be taken part-time or full-time, with practically all courses held in the evening. Birkbeck’s academic activities are separated into five faculties, each of which is further divided into nineteen departments. As part of the University of London, Birkbeck adheres to the same academic standards as the rest of the university and awards University of London degrees. Birkbeck has its own independent degree awarding rights, which were confirmed by the Privy Council in July 2012, just like the other University of London colleges. Following institutional assessments in 2005 and 2010, the UK Quality Assurance Agency confirmed the quality of degrees awarded by Birkbeck.
The Association of Commonwealth Universities and the European University Association are two academic organisations that Birkbeck is a member of. In addition, the university is a member of the London-based Screen Studies Group. The Queen’s Anniversary Prize for brain research was given to the university’s Centre for Brain Function and Development in 2005.
Five Nobel Laureates, prominent political figures, members of the United Kingdom Parliament, and a British Prime Minister are among Birkbeck’s alumni.
Application Deadline: Open.
✅ Brief Description
- University or Organization: Birkbeck, University of London
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Students of all nationalities, home or foreign, can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake the Geography, Environment and Development Studies programme at the Birkbeck, University of London.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants with experience in the field- and laboratory work will be an advantage.
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply for the desired PhD programme. All applicants that are eligible will be considered for the studentship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university here.
- A recent CV.
- Transcripts of relevant studies.
- A sample of writing such as your MA dissertation or similar.
- A supporting statement. In the case of a Mark James scholarship.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants have an undergraduate or master’s degree in Quaternary Geology, Geography, Biology, or another relevant discipline at merit or distinction level (with a minimum grade of 65% for their dissertation).
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
Birkbeck, University of London, will offer the selected candidates a studentship towards their applied PhD study costs.
✅ Get help for this Amazon Internship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.