For the academic year 2022-2023, apply now for the DAAD GSSP Scholarships for International Students at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain in Germany.
This DAAD-sponsored scholarship is available to international research students who wish to study at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain. The school will choose candidates and pay their tuition, stipends, travel allowances, medical insurance, and other expenses.
The Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin’s Berlin School of Mind and Brain is a graduate programme (HU Berlin). It is a graduate research school that is both international and interdisciplinary. It was established in 2006. The Excellence Initiative provides financial support to the school.
Why should you pick the Berlin School of Mind and Brain to further your education?
The Berlin School of Mind and Brain has established itself as a major hub for collaboration between human, social, and neurological sciences, with significant national and international clout. The Einstein Center for Neurosciences Berlin (ECN), which was created in 2016, is one of its founding members.
More About Berlin School
The Humboldt University of Berlin is a public research university located in Berlin’s central borough of Mitte. Frederick William III established the University of Berlin (Universität zu Berlin) in 1809 on the initiative of Wilhelm von Humboldt, Johann Gottlieb Fichte, and Friedrich Ernst Daniel Schleiermacher, and it opened in 1810, making it the oldest of Berlin’s four universities. It was known as Friedrich Wilhelm University from 1810 until its closure in 1945. During the Cold War, the university was located in East Berlin and was effectively divided when the Free University of Berlin opened in West Berlin. In 1949, the university was given its current name in honour of Alexander and Wilhelm von Humboldt.
The university is divided into nine faculties, including a medical school shared with the Free University of Berlin, has approximately 32,000 students enrolled, and offers degree programmes in 189 disciplines from undergraduate to postdoctoral level. Its main campus is located on Berlin’s Unter den Linden boulevard. The university is well-known throughout the world for pioneering the Humboldtian model of higher education, which has had a significant influence on other European and Western universities.
During the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, it was regarded as the world’s preeminent university for natural sciences, as its professors, such as Albert Einstein, were linked to major breakthroughs in physics and other sciences. Albert Einstein, Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, Otto von Bismarck, W. E. B. Du Bois, Angela Davis, Arthur Schopenhauer, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, Walter Benjamin, Max Weber, Georg Simmel, Karl Polanyi, Karl Polanyi, Karl Polanyi, Karl Polanyi, Karl Polanyi, Karl Polanyi, Karl Polanyi, Karl Polanyi, Karl Polanyi, Karl Polany
Humboldt University of Berlin, one of Germany’s most prestigious institutions of higher learning, has been named a “University of Excellence” by the German Universities Excellence Initiative.
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted by January 2022.
✅ DAAD Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Berlin School of Mind and Brain
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: Tuition fee, Stipend, and other allowances
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a doctoral study programme at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be admitted to the applied programme at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain.
✅ How to Apply DAAD Scholarship
- How to Apply: Students are required to have submitted an online admission application. The school’s committee will then shortlist students for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Research proposal
- Letter of motivation
- Recommendation letters
- Transcripts of records for your bachelor’s and master’s degrees
- Certificates/diplomas of studies completed
- Admission Requirements: Students must hold relevant bachelor or master qualifications and must have a strong research proposal.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL: Internet-based test: 94. Paper-based test:
- IELTS (Academic): 0(computer-based tests in a local testing center, paper-based, or taken online)
- DAAD Language Certificate: Bin all test sections
✅ Benefits DAAD Scholarship
The selected students will be provided the following benefits during their study periods at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain:
- scholarship installments of € 1,200 per month;
- travel allowance to and from Germany
- payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
- a research allowance of € 460 resp. €230 (from developed countries) per year
- under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive the following additional benefits such as monthly rent subsidy, monthly allowance for accompanying family members (about € 200 child allowance per child and about € 275 marriage allowance)
- a German language course (if desired and possible with respect to the starting date of the scholarship)
- a material resource and supervision allowance of currently € 1,000 per year, which is paid upon application to your supervisor’s lab
✅ Get help for this scholarship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.