It can be difficult to organise tuition for research programmes. As a result, the University of York and White Rose College of Arts and Humanities have teamed up to offer AHRC PhD Studentships to international and home country students for the academic year 2022-2023.
This studentship will be awarded to any international or home country student who seeks to study for a PhD at York and is funded by the White Rose College of the Arts and Humanities (WRoCAH). Students will compete for a fully funded Doctoral Training Programme and PhD study in the United Kingdom.
The Institution of York, which is currently rated 119th in the Times Higher Education rankings, is a collegiate research university dedicated to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction, value for money, and product quality in a friendly and helpful environment.
Why should you study studying at the University of York? It is one of the world’s leading centres for life-changing and inspirational research. The University of York is known for its outstanding academics, whose research infuses the instruction students receive at York with vitality and cutting-edge concepts. It is dedicated to providing a diverse group of students with access to a high-quality, research-intensive learning environment that is dedicated to the public good.
✅ More About The University of York
The University of York is an English college research university based in York. The university, which was established in 1963, now contains over thirty departments and centres that span a wide range of studies.
The university campus is around 500 acres (200 hectares) in size and located to the south-east of the city of York. Campus West, the original campus, includes the York Science Park and the National Science Learning Centre, as well as animals, campus lakes, and vegetation. The university received approval to expand its main campus on agricultural land immediately east of the small community of Heslington in May 2007.
Campus East, the university’s second campus, opened in 2009 and presently houses four colleges and three departments, as well as conference rooms, a sports village, and a business startup ‘incubator.’ In York’s city centre, the institution also leases King’s Manor. In 2020/21, the university earned a total of £403.6 million, with £69.8 million coming from research grants and contracts.
York University is a collegiate institution, with each student assigned to one of the university’s 10 colleges. The ninth college, named Constantine after the Roman emperor Constantine I, who was declared Augustus in York in 306 AD, was founded in 2014. The tenth, named after Anne Lister, was founded in 2021, and an eleventh is currently under development, with an opening date of 2022. York became a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive British universities in 2012.
Application Deadline: January 26, 2022
✅ Brief Description
- University or Organization: University of York
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: 45
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: Home country and international students, both, are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake a postgraduate PhD programme at York.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must participate in the WRoCAH competition and apply to the University of York.
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications are to be made via the university application portal. Application details for the studentships can be obtained on the official website of WRoCAH.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic transcripts
- Two references
- Research proposal
- Samples of written work
- Personal statement
- Evidence of financial support.
- Admission Requirements: Students are required to have relevant qualifications, typically a bachelor and a master degree in a relevant field.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of either of the following accepted language test:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (Academic and Indicator)
- PTE Academic
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE
- Cambridge Proficiency (CPE)
- TOEFL IBT (internet-based and special home edition) (TOEFL MyBest score is not acceptable for meeting the English language requirement)
- Trinity ISE
✅ Scholarship Benefits
Students that participate in the studentship programme and win will get the tuition price for the PhD programme they are pursuing as well as access to the Doctoral Training Program.
✅ Get help for this scholarship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.