The University of Tennessee Knoxville has announced the Global Ambassador Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023 to encourage ambitious international students to pursue bachelor’s degrees in the United States.
International students who represent the Volunteer spirit and have a strong academic record based on their UT Converted and Weighted GPA are eligible for the Global Ambassador Scholarship.
The University of Tennessee is a public land-grant research university in Knoxville that was founded in 1794. With 10 undergraduate colleges and eleven graduate institutions, it is the main campus of the University of Tennessee system. According to U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 rankings, the University of Tennessee is rated 52nd among public universities and tied for 112th among all national universities in the United States.
Why should you go to the University of Tennessee in Knoxville to study?
On-campus housing and dining halls are available on the Knoxville campus. There are about 150 student organisations on the Martin campus, which provides over 97 programs. Teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, outreach, and involvement are all areas where they excel. It’s a world that’s been enriched by their ideas, improved by their actions, and inspired by the Volunteer spirit of leadership and service.
✅ Interesting Facts About The University of Tennessee Knoxville
In Knoxville, Tennessee, the University of Tennessee is a public land-grant research university. It is the flagship campus of the University of Tennessee system, with ten undergraduate colleges and eleven graduate colleges, and was founded in 1794, two years before Tennessee became the 16th state. It has over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 100 different countries. It falls under the category of “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity.”
The University of Tennessee’s ties to nearby Oak Ridge National Laboratory, established under UT President Andrew Holt and maintained under the UT–Battelle partnership, provide significant research opportunities for faculty and students. The Howard H. Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy, the University of Tennessee Anthropological Research Facility, and the University of Tennessee Arboretum, which occupies 250 acres (100 ha) of nearby Oak Ridge and features hundreds of species of plants indigenous to the region, are also affiliated with the university. The University of Tennessee Medical Center, one of two Level I trauma centres in East Tennessee, is a direct partner of the university.
The University of Tennessee is the only institution in the country with three presidential papers editing projects. The university has papers from all three Tennessee presidents: Andrew Jackson, James K. Polk, and Andrew Johnson. Nine of its alumni have been named Rhodes Scholars, and one alumnus, James M. Buchanan, was awarded the Nobel Prize in Economics in 1986. UT is one of the country’s oldest public universities, as well as the oldest secular institution west of the Eastern Continental Divide.
Application Deadline: Applicants who apply after May 1, 2022, will not be considered for this scholarship.
✅ Global Ambassador Scholarships Description
- University or Organization: The University of Tennessee Knoxville
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $60,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United States
✅ Global Ambassador Scholarships Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for any undergraduate programs at the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Maintain full-time enrollment throughout each semester
- Commit to being a U.T. Global Ambassador and adhere to the program requirements
- Serve as an example of the Volunteer spirit as a positive peer resource for prospective international students
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: All eligible international undergraduate students who apply for admission during their final year in high school will be considered for this scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: Must attach academic transcripts of all previous school attended and copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must have a GPA of 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) and good academic standing.
- Language Requirements: If a student’s native language is not English, they must demonstrate English proficiency unless they are a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident.
|UT Converted & Weighted Core GPA||Annual Award||Four-Year Award Amount|
✅ Get help for this scholarship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.