The ASEAN Scholarships were established by the Ministry of Education Singapore for the academic year 2022-2023 to provide opportunities for brilliant and young students to widen their horizons and develop vital skills.
The Secondary ASEAN Scholarships, which covers everything from tuition fees to student insurance, is only available to Malaysian nationals who wish to enrol in a Singaporean junior college at the Secondary 1, Secondary 3, or Pre-university 1 level.
The Ministry of Education is a Singapore government ministry in charge of developing and implementing educational policies. MOE’s aim is to shape our country’s future by shaping the people who will shape it.
The Ministry of Education in Singapore depicts a strong dedication to the country and community, as well as a willingness to work hard and endure, as well as the ability to think, achieve, and excel. It will provide a complete and well-rounded education to the children, allowing them to reach their full potential and develop into lifelong learners and good citizens who are aware of their obligations to their families, communities, and country.
ASEAN, or the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, is a political and economic union in Southeast Asia consisting of ten member states that promotes intergovernmental cooperation and facilitates economic, political, security, military, educational, and sociocultural integration among its members and other Asian countries. The major goal of ASEAN was to speed economic growth and, as a result, social and cultural development.
The promotion of regional peace and stability based on the rule of law and the principles of the United Nations charter was a secondary goal. With some of the world’s fastest-growing economies, ASEAN’s goals have expanded beyond the economic and social sectors. In 2003, ASEAN agreed to form an ASEAN community with three pillars: the ASEAN security community, the ASEAN economic community, and the ASEAN socio-cultural community, following in the footsteps of the European Union. In the ASEAN flag and insignia, the ten stalks of rice signify the ten Southeast Asian countries united in solidarity.
ASEAN also engages with other countries in the Asia-Pacific region and beyond on a regular basis. ASEAN, a significant member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, maintains a global network of alliances and discussion partners and is widely regarded as a global powerhouse, the Asia-central Pacific’s union for cooperation, and a prominent and powerful organisation. It is active in a variety of international issues and is home to diplomatic missions all around the world.
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted by 15th March 2022.
✅ ASEAN Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Ministry of Education Singapore
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Secondary
- Award: Allowance and Accommodation
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Malaysia
- The award can be taken in Singapore.
- Eligible Countries: Malaysia
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Secondary 1, Secondary 3, or Pre-university 1 in selected Singapore secondary schools or junior colleges can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a good record of participation in co-curricular activities.
✅ How to Apply ASEAN Scholarship
- How to Apply: Students must follow the application procedure of any desired Singapore secondary schools or junior colleges. Students can register themselves for the scholarship by filling this form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to submit academic transcripts and other documents required by the institute they wish to join.
- Admission Requirements: Students must provide all prior academic certificates and meet the entry requirements of the desired Singaporean institute.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements of the Singaporean school they wish to get admitted in.
The ministry will provide the selected students the following benefits:
- Annual allowance with hostel accommodation.
- Settling-in allowance.
- Return economy airfare for East Malaysians or return transport allowance for West Malaysians.
- School fees.
- Examination fees for GCE O-Level and A-Level (once only, as applicable).
- Subsidized medical benefits and insurance cover for accidents.
✅ Get help for this scholarship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.