Are you applying to the University of Groningen for a master’s degree in educational science?
If so, you may be eligible for the Holland Scholarships education, which will help you fund your master’s degree in the Netherlands. For the academic year 2022-2023, the Holland Scholarships are open to students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who wish to begin their master’s studies.
Since 1614, the University of Groningen has excelled in three key areas: education, innovation, and research. It is consistently ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. It offers students top-notch education in a variety of fields.
🔥 Why are you studying at the University of Groningen?
You will have access to high-quality supervision, top-notch education, and cutting-edge facilities at the university. The university is regarded as one of Europe’s premier research universities.
🔥 About The University of Groningen
The University of Groningen, located in the Dutch city of Groningen, is a public research university with around 30,000 students. The university, which was founded in 1614, is one of the oldest and most famous in the Netherlands.
According to reputable rating tables, the institution has continuously been ranked among the top 100 universities in the world. The University of Groningen is ranked third in the Netherlands, 25th in Europe, and 77th in the world in the 2020 ARTU.
There are eleven faculties, nine graduate schools, 27 research centres and institutes, and over 175 degree programmes at the University of Groningen. Johann Bernoulli, Aletta Jacobs, four Nobel Prize winners, nine Spinoza Prize winners, one Stevin Prize winner, different members of the Royal Dutch Family, mayors, the first president of the European Central Bank, and a NATO secretary general are among the university’s alumni and faculty.
The Regional Assembly of Groningen and the Ommelanden, or surrounding territory, took the initiative to establish the institution as a college in 1614. Theology, Law, Medicine, and Philosophy were the four faculties.
The Estates of the City and County of Groningen confirmed the university’s coat of arms in 1615. It is a combination of the provincial arms and an open book inscribed with the shortened phrases VER/BVM/DNI LV/CER/NA, which stands for Verbum Domini Lucerna Pedibus Nostris. A golden crown with five leaves and four pearls crowns the shield.
Approximately 100 students enrolled each year for the first 75 years of its existence.
[requires citation] Almost half of the students and teachers were from outside the Netherlands – the first rector magnificus, Ubbo Emmius, for example, was from East Frisia in modern-day Germany – but there was already a tight tie between the University and the city and surrounding region.
The deadline for applications is February 1, 2022.
🔥 Brief Description
- University or Organization: University of Groningen
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master
- Award: €5,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands.
- Eligible Countries: Eligible for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Master’s degree offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must have international students.
- You have excellent grades during your bachelor/undergraduate studies.
🔥 How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must take admission at the university. After that, they can apply for International scholarships.
- Supporting Documents: applicants must submit all the relevant documents at the university:
- letter from the University of Groningen
- motivation letter
- Current CV
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must read all the entry requirements before applying to the university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must follow all the English language requirements;
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5
- TOEFL IBT 24
- Cambridge English 180
🔥 Scholarships Benefits:
For the academic year 2022-2023, the University of Groningen will grant €5,000 to high-performing master’s international students who wish to pursue their education in the Netherlands.
✅ Get help for this scholarship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.