You can apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarships programme at East China Normal University if you want to study in China with support.
The initiative aims to boost international student education in Shanghai and attract more exceptional international students to ECNU.
East China Normal University is a Shanghai Government Scholarships programme-based public research university. The Great China University and Kwang Hua University merged to form this institute, which is now ranked 371st in the Best Global Universities list. It is frequently regarded as one of China’s most prominent universities.
What are the advantages of studying at East China Normal University?
East China Normal University is one of China’s most prestigious educational universities. It holds a prominent position in this industry as one of the earliest Chinese universities to provide international Chinese education. ECNU is steadily working to transform itself into a world-class university with numerous world-class disciplines and well-coordinated discipline development, as well as leading China’s teacher education development.
About East China Normal University (ECNU)
East China Normal University (ECNU) is a Shanghai Government Scholarships programme-based comprehensive public research university. It was founded in 1879 and was formed in 1951 by the merger of the Great China University (founded in 1924) and Kwang Hua University (founded in 1925). It began as a normal school with the goal of training teachers for secondary and higher education, but it quickly attracted world-class researchers and grew into an exceptional research-intensive university.
By 2020, ECNU will have 22 schools, colleges, and institutes spread across two campuses in Minhang and Putuo. NYU Shanghai in Pudong and Asia-Europe Business School in Zizhu International Education Park are two of the university’s affiliated institutions in the Shanghai metropolitan area. In Tiantong National Forest Park, Ningbo, it also maintains a National Forest Ecosystem Observation and Research Station.
The Chinese Ministry of Education has designated ECNU as a Class A Double First Class University. It is widely regarded as one of China’s most prominent universities, as well as being internationally recognised. The university, which is supported by the national programmes “Double First Class University Plan,” “Project 211,” and “Project 985”, is a national programme in research and innovation and has been termed the “Columbia of the East.” The China Meteorological Administration, the State Oceanic Administration, and the Chinese Academy of Sciences all have substantial affiliations to the university. It is a very selective university that only accepts students who score in the top 2% on the National College Entrance Examination.
Application Deadline: The last date to apply for the scholarship is May 10.
✅ Shanghai Government Scholarships Description
- University or Organization: East China Normal University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, or PhD program
- Award: Full or Partial
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in China
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate, graduate, or PhD program in any field offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for the pre-college program must have a high school diploma and be under 23.
- Applicants for the bachelor’s degree program must have a high school diploma and be under 25.
- Applicants for the master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and be under 35.
- Applicants for the doctoral degree program must have a master’s degree and under 40.
- Students that have won the Chinese Government Scholarship or any scholarship offered by other organizations are not entitled to apply to SGS.
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can log in here and apply for the Undergraduate, graduate, or PhD program at the East China Normal University. After that, complete the Scholarship application.
- Supporting Documents: Submit High School Graduation Certificate, copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have high school qualifications or above with a valid foreign passport.
- Language Requirements: Applicants must have the following:
- For Chinese-taught programs: copy the effective (within 2 yrs) HSK certificate.
- For English taught programs: IELTS (6.0 or above) / TOFEL (85 or above) / Cambridge English (B2 or above) certificate
- Type A (Full scholarship)
- Exempt from tuition fees and accommodation on campus; provide comprehensive medical insurance and monthly living expense (Doctoral program: CNY3500; Graduate program: CNY3000; Undergraduate program: CNY2500)
- Type B (Partial scholarship)
- Exempt from tuition fees and provide comprehensive medical insurance.
✅ Get help for this scholarship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.