PhD positions in Identification of a Roseoflavin Exporter in the Roseoflavin Producer Streptomyces Davaonensis are available at Heidelberg University.
The current project’s goal is to find out who the roseoflavin exporter is in S. davaonensis. Experiments that should lead to the identification of the roseoflavin exporter are described in five different work packages.
Heidelberg University is a public research university dedicated to the growth of knowledge and skills for the benefit of present and future generations in an open-minded and accepting environment.
In addition to academic and social obligations, Heidelberg University places a high value on student and young researcher training. Through the introduction of new concepts for research-based teaching, it allows for early integration into research subjects and procedures.
About Heidelberg University
Heidelberg University is a public research university in Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, officially known as the Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg. Heidelberg is Germany’s oldest university and one of the world’s oldest surviving universities, having been founded in 1386 on the orders of Pope Urban VI. It was the Holy Roman Empire’s third university to be established.
Since 1899, Heidelberg has been a coeducational institution. The university has twelve faculties and provides degree programmes in over 100 subjects at the undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral levels. Heidelberg has three major campuses: the humanities are concentrated in Heidelberg’s Old Town, natural sciences and medicine are concentrated in the Neuenheimer Feld neighbourhood, and social sciences are concentrated in the inner-city suburb Bergheim. The language of instruction is usually German, but a large number of graduate degrees are also available in English and French.
As of 2021, 57 Nobel Laureates were associated with the city of Heidelberg, and 33 with Heidelberg University. Heidelberg faculty introduced contemporary scientific psychiatry, psychopharmacology, psychiatric genetics, environmental physics, and modern sociology as scientific subjects. Every year, about 1,000 doctorates are awarded, with more than a third of PhD students from from outside the country. More than 20% of the student body is made up of international students from 130 different countries.
Heidelberg is a founder member of the League of European Research Universities and the Coimbra Group, as well as a German Excellence University that is part of the U15. Eleven domestic and foreign leaders of state or government are among the university’s notable alumni. In international comparisons, Heidelberg University is ranked first and has a top academic reputation.
Application Deadline: December, 2021
✅ Brief Description
- University or Organization: Heidelberg University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Germany
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Germany
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Identification of a roseoflavin exporter in the roseoflavin producer Streptomyces davaonensis.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The successful candidate has experience in the following fields: Microbiology, Bacteria, antibiotics, vitamins, Streptomycetes, transporter proteins
- A person interested in bacterial membrane-bound transporters (importers/exporters) in general would be the most appropriate. Moreover, since we also will use a genetic approach to identify the novel elusive roseoflavin exporter, the candidate also should be familiar with state-of-the-art cloning techniques.
✅ How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must have to take admission at the university to be enlisted in the programme.
- Supporting Documents: Official transcripts of academic records from every postsecondary institution attended for at least one year as a full-time student, statement of purpose, Contact details of two referees + two reference letters from these referees, and CV
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a masters degree with relevant marks.
- Language Requirement: Students must have to complete the language requirements of the university.
✅ Scholarship Benefits:
For applicants who live in Germany, Heidelberg University will pay their salary.
✅ Get help for this Amazon Internship
Join our Facebook group to connect with international students and discuss your study abroad opportunities such as scholarships, admission, uni selection, free education, college fee, flights, accommodation, transport, etc.